To celebrate Halloween today, our students showed up in some amazing costumes and we read a couple of holiday themed books. For the day’s activity, we threw a Monster Mash! We started by choosing some monster adjectives (hairy, ugly, and scary), then everyone had a chance to create their own unique monsters for the party.
And we finished the morning with some Halloween Trivia:
1) What vegetable do you use to carve jack-o-lanterns?
2) What date is Halloween on?
3) How many legs do spiders have?
4) What’s the name of the vampire from Transylvania?
5) What’s the name of the doctor who brought a monster to life?
6) What candy has the slogan “Taste the rainbow”?
7) What do you say when you knock on someone’s door on Halloween?
Trick or Treat
8) What do you call someone who turns into a wild animal during a full moon?
9) If I wear an eye patch with a parrot on my shoulder, what’s my costume?
10) If I wear a pointy hat and carry a broom, what’s my costume?
11) What two colors go with Halloween?
Orange and Black
12) What do you call a place someone lives that’s visited by ghosts?
13) How many letters are in the word Halloween?
14) If I wear a white bed sheet with holes for the eyes, what’s my costume?
15) What’s another word for scary — spooky or spiffy?
16) What animal and color is supposed to be bad luck?
17) What flying animal can vampires turn into?
18) What Halloween monster is all “wrapped up”?
19) What is a Hershey’s Bar made of?
20) If I wear a big hat with boots and spurs, what’s my costume?
21) What month starts tomorrow?
22) Why didn’t the ghost go to the dance?
He didn’t have any body to go with!